Today I challenge everyone to align their actions with their intentions. We should live a lifestyle that is conducive to the goals we wish to accomplish in life. When adjusting our actions and way of living we must keep in mind that different roles we play make up one person and do not exist independently of one another, which also tells us that different areas of our life can never exist independently. This means we must align the actions in every area of our life with our intentions. General example, if you desire to be a successful business owner one day, you must not only focus on your actions professionally, but in every area of your life. Ask yourself, do I exhibit the characteristics of a good leader among my friends and associates? Do I treat people in a way that builds morale? Have I been practicing effective communication with my loved ones? Do I use sound judgment when deciding what activities I will engage in and what type of people I will befriend? Do I portray a positive and upstanding image while out in public or via social networking? The answers to all of these questions should support your goal and intent. If your actions do not support your intentions it may be time for some self evaluation, which every successful person needs from time to time. In the end one of two things need to be done….either you must adjust your actions and conduct or your intentions and goals in life. The choice is yours….. Follow me on twitter @megamotivator
Monthly Archives: August 2012
No, this title is not a typo. Many of us have heard the reference to a P31 woman….maybe even more than once (this is often a Mother’s Day sermon). While reading this myself set off all types of thoughts in my mind. One of my deepest convictions is the importance of those closest to us helping us reach our full potential in our walk with Christ. This means that a P31 woman will reach her full potential when the men around her are P31 men.
***Please note that this is not a to-do list but a list of my thoughts and an invitation for men to grow into the leader that God intended for you to be***
Here are a few thought as I looked carefully at Proverbs 31.
- The entire chapter is the saying of the MOTHER of King Lemuel. He actually quoted his mother which says a lot in Old Testament times. A P31 man has great respect for women. And the first interaction men usually learn respect from is their relationship with their mother. So guys….whether your wife is called to be strong and visible “Deborah” (Judges 4-5) or an equally strong but behind the scenes Dorcas (or Tabitha, Acts 9:36-41), the P31 man will respect her and do all in his power to help her become all God intended for her to be.
- Men can be P31 men in every stage of their life: son, husband, father etc. P31 men start out as P31 sons. This means that parents can begin to groom their boys to be P31 men long before they are anyone’s husband or father. A P31 man should also be intentionally contagious J, intentionally affecting his children and other around him to have a positive attitude towards women.
- A P31 man will prioritize character and wisdom over worldly achievements and success. I could go on and on but I’m sure you get the picture.
- Finally P31 men know the power of encouragement. I could write a whole lot about this, but I’m sure you already know the power of genuine encouragement and how it can help people grow. …or maybe I’ll blog about it next week J
So there it is……random thoughts on the P31 man
One of my Twitter followers bought it to my attention that one of my fav authors wrote a whole books about this! I’m downloading it on my Nook today:
I personally do not believe a Godly woman should walk around with a sack cloth on her body but at the same time the trend of short-shorts, ripped fishnets, and exposed midriffs is not for us. There is a balance. So many designers construct beautifully tailored items that compliment a woman’s body (because lets be honest here, God knew what He was doing when He have us hips and breasts). We can’t change the way God created us but we can dress in a way that allows people to see HIM without #1 All the excess of the latest trends and #2 putting on a circus by the lack of dressing for the times we live in.
Some peoples problem, which I understand, is the excess and overly sexual nature of the fashion world. The industry is a truly believer in the “sex-sells” slogan. How do we get past all of that and still remain modest?
Here’s what some Christian fashionistas has to say about it:
“No matter how beautiful any article of clothing may be, unless it suits the wearer, unless it is functional and right for the specific purpose and time it is worn, it is not in good taste. Loud, flashy colors, poor fabrics and workmanship, and inharmonious combinations all contribute to bad taste….”
“Simplicity should border on plainness, but with the distinction that is achieved by perfect fit, beautiful line, fine tailoring, and complete suitability to the figure type.”
“Your clothes, and that includes every detail, should be the perfect background for your personality. They should add confidence to your manner, assurance and poise to your bearing. This is not vanity; it is merely the realization that your clothes are as impeccable as your deportment.”
– “To be sure, your attire should and does attract attention, but if your costume is a foreground instead of a background, then it has been badly chosen, and you are overdressed.”
– “Do not protest that you cannot afford to be smartly dressed. Basic good style is always to be desired rather than the novelty fashion of the moment. Your appearance advertises your ability to make the most of your natural attributes. If you wear outmoded clothes and are carelessly”
And my FAVORITE ONE YET (I wanted to scream PREEEEAACCHHH!!!! when I read this)
If you wear outmoded clothes and are carelessly groomed, you will convey the impression that your mentality is also dated, and that you are not capable of development along the modern trends. Such a reputation is a serious drawback to any woman.”
As you can see there IS a place for a fashionable Christian it just needs to be a more thought out process then the rest of the world. Our choices have got to be Christ Centered at all times.
What do you think? What should our stance be when it comes to Fashion?
(P.S. feel free to disagree with me! You may come up with something I never thought about).
Dear Heavenly Father, God
I confess that I have not always been as careful as I should’ve been with my heart. From time to time, my desire for love has caused me to leave my heart in the wrong hands. I now commit my heart into Your hands for safekeeping. Please help me to stop being so impulsive with what you deem so precious. As I learn to celebrate Your love for me, let me learn from Your example what a bridegroom should really be like. Help me to never settle for less than what you desire for me. As I embrace You as the Lover of my soul, keep my affections in the haven of Your own heart. As I rest in Your love, make me more discriminating of those who approach me.
I ask that You take over this area of my life.. Keep me from those You know would hurt my heart. I invite You to set a hedge around me and keep me from all who would draw me into unfruitful relationships until the day you present me to the mate that You have selected for me.. Grant me the discernment to recognize him as he recognizes me. Cleanse me from the temptation to typecast the men I meet according to what I see. Help me to trust in Your knowledge and lean not on my own understanding. I know that You know what is best for me; therefore I yield to Your choice. Amen.
My name is Shanay and thanks for taking the time to check out my blog. On this site you will have the opportunity to watch me grow in my faith, read my views on life, and also check out some great style tips for the chic yet modest person of faith.
A little about me. I am a 28-year-old Philly native. Also the mother of a beautiful 2-year-old boy. And I LOVE CHRIST and I am extremely unashamed of it.
Hope you enjoy!